- Top 5 Trick To Unlock Windows Laptop If You Forgot Password 2017!
- Best Ways to Unlock Laptop After Forgetting Password
- Method 1: Unlock Laptop Using Windows Installation CD
- net user username password
- Method 2: Unlock Laptop by Resetting it to Factory Settings
- Method 3: Restore Windows System to an Early Backup Point
- Method 4: Unlock Your Laptop Using Password Reset Disk
- Method 5: Unlock Using Third Party Password Recovery Tools
Top 5 Trick To Unlock Windows Laptop If You Forgot Password 2017!
It’s the worst condition when you forget the password of your Windows laptop or computer. In this condition, no option seems to log in to the laptop.
Mostly all of us really worry about accessing our laptop after forgetting the Windows password and even decide to take the laptop to service center.
Best Ways to Unlock Laptop After Forgetting Password
There are many methods to unlock Windows laptop after forgetting the password. In this article, I’m going to share 5 of the most effective and easiest ways to unlock a locked Windows laptop.
Method 1: Unlock Laptop Using Windows Installation CD
When you have a Windows installation CD, you can reset your Windows password even when you’re locked out of the laptop. It actually lets you make the full use of command prompt and by using CMD Windows password can be reset easily.
So, to unlock your Windows laptop using Windows Installation CD follow the steps below:
- First of all, start the laptop using Windows installation CD, and you should see an installation wizard.
Now click on the Repair Your Computer option, and then select Command Prompt from System Recovery Options. (or you can directly press Shift+F10 to run command prompt).
Enter the following commands in the command prompt and press Enter:
- Just after this enter the following command in the same command prompt window, and hit Enter:
- sethc.exe is a process associated with Windows NT High Contrast Invocation. With default Windows settings, this process is run when the shift is pressed 5 times in sequence.
- By using this command “copy c:windowssystem32cmd.exe c:windowssystem32sethc.exe”, we’re replacing sethc.exe with cmd.exe.
It means when the Shift key will be pressed 5 times, command prompt should open automatically!
- Now, remove the DVD and restart your laptop. After a system reboot, the login screen will open again. So, here press Shift key 5 times to open the command prompt (we replaced sethc.exe with cmd.exe).
- Finally, reset your Windows laptop’s password by using the following command in command prompt.
net user username password
That’s all about resetting your Windows forgotten password. Now you can log in to your laptop with a new password.
Disclaimer: This procedure might not work with Windows 10. If you’re a Windows 10 user, let me know via comments, I will help you too.
Method 2: Unlock Laptop by Resetting it to Factory Settings
Resetting your laptop to factory settings means taking it to the initial condition as it was when you purchased it from the manufacturer. So, after factory resetting your laptop, it will automatically be unlocked.
But, the only fear in this method is losing your important data. This factory reset will permanently remove all your files and apps from the laptop. All the setting and changes you would make before will be erased. Only apps that came with your PC will be reinstalled.
There are many ways to restore your Windows laptop such as using installation CD, using System Restore feature etc. But, Windows XP might not support System Restore option so you can reset Windows XP using its original Windows installation CD.
Method 3: Restore Windows System to an Early Backup Point
Most Windows operating systems support System Restore feature. By using the System Restore in Windows the Restore Points are created.
Generally, Windows automatically creates the restore points every week and when any significant change made in the system such as installation or deletion of a program etc. You can also create the System Restore Point manually when you need.
By using this System Restore Point, you can return your system files and settings to an earlier point in time without affecting personal files.
So, by using the System Restore feature and using the Restore Point you can restore your Windows system to that backup point when you remembered your password.
Method 4: Unlock Your Laptop Using Password Reset Disk
It’s the most reliable and great method to unlock your laptop. For this method to work, you must have created a password reset disk before the laptop was locked.
So, if you’ve previously created a password reset disk on your Windows laptop, it helps you reset the forgotten password easily. By using that password reset disk, you can reset the Windows password any number of times.
Once you have password reset disk, just click “Reset password” link on Windows logon screen to follow Password Reset Wizard, or boot locked laptop from the password reset disk, all of which could easily reset user password and unlock locked laptop.
Method 5: Unlock Using Third Party Password Recovery Tools
There are many third party tools available on the web helping Windows users unlock their locked laptop in just a few seconds. Password recovery tools allow reset or remove your password without having to perform a reinstallation or undergo a system lockout.
Most password recovery tools allow you to create a password reset disk from an accessible computer and use it on the locked laptop to reset the password. While the originally created password reset disk can be performed on the same computer it’s created on.
Two of the following is the best Windows password recovery tools to unlock your laptop quickly when you forget the password, and even unable to login to the computer.
- iSunshare Windows Password Genius
- iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery
Let me know via comments if you wanna suggest any other great password recovery tool for Windows. I will also update here when I will find any other better one. Hope you like this article on “Unlock Windows Laptop If You Forgot Password.”
Stay tuned to “GETBIGIDEA.COM” for more updates & Don’t forget to share!🙂