How to Keep Your Car Clean
How to Keep Your Car Clean and Organized in the Right Way
We log a whole lot of hours in our trusty vehicle from grocery shopping to carpooling the kids, to appointment hopping, and many more similar jobs.
With all these busyness that your car endures day in, day out, it’s bound to get dirty at a certain point in time. Hence, you should do a thorough cleanup at least once a month to keep this issue in check in the best possible manner. Maybe the following tips can help.
1. Vacuum the carpets
Remove the carpet and the floor mats and run the vacuum over them.
Don’t forget the seats and the trunk too. Anywhere it fits; just suck everything up!
2. Freshen up your carpet with a homemade carpet freshener
This will give your car that almost-new smell. So try it by all possible means.
Here’s how you can make a homemade carpet freshener in a few simple steps:
- Five drops of any essential oil of your preference (e.g,. Allspice, Amyris, Angelica Root, Basil ct. Linalool, Bergamot, Bergamot Mint, etc.)
- One cup baking soda
- Place the soda in a ziplock bag and then add the oil.
- Shake the bag well and let it rest for twenty-four hours at the very least.
- Store the mixture in a shaker or a parmesan cheese container.
- Sprinkle the mixture on your carpet and let it sit for twenty to thirty minutes before vacuuming up. Voila! You car smells as good as new now!
3. Use a Q-tip for all those “difficult” places
A cloth can do the trick, but a Q-tip does it better, especially for all those tricky hard to reach areas.
So take a Q-tip, dip it into your cleaning solution and jump in. It would probably take you only a minute.
4. Keep a container inside the car as a means of a trash can
Do you want to keep things organized in your car? Then this tip can definitely come to your aid.
You don’t have to go for all those fancy movable trash cans. Even a simple kitchen container would do.
5. Use car organizers
You can find them virtually anywhere. They are exceptionally good at keeping things right in order.
- Keep one organizer in the trunk for shopping bags, groceries, fishing and sporting equipment, and so on.
- Keep another one at the front for organizing all your kids’ stuff such as books, toys, sippy cups, etc.
Infographic (with more information)
(Created by Plates4Less)
So that’s all for now. Hope the tips and tricks (coupled with the infographic) come in handy for your car-cleaning purpose. Goodbye and good luck!